This past Sunday we celebrated Epiphany, and worshipers were invited to take a Star Word with them to guide their own epiphanies through the year. It was fun to talk to many of you about your word - some of you shared that it connected instantly, others may still be searching for the meaning of the word.
SPECIAL WEDNESDAY NIGHT WORSHIP - STAR WORDS
I know that several of you had to miss out on the celebration due to weather - do not fret, you still have a chance to receive a star word at this week’s Wednesday Night Worship. I hope that you can join us at 6pm for a short worship service of scripture and communion. The details:
- Wednesday Night Worship - 6pm every week
- This week's topic: Star Words, Episode 2
UPDATE/CORRECTION: NEW 'LOVE LANGUAGE' SMALL GROUPS TO MEET SUNDAYS - BUT YOU NEED TO RSVP!
This Sunday starts a new series “Love Languages.” I pray that this series will help you discover your own love language to help you as you interact with God, loved ones and friends. This topic has already generated some good conversations, and I was asked if I would consider leading a small group to dive a bit deeper into each love language. Yes!
After initial RSVPs we’ve learned that an evening option is wanted, but Wednesday nights are already busy for many of you. So, we are adjusting our schedule.
- Short-term Small Groups on 'Love Languages' Series
- Two options
- Sunday mornings between services at 9:30am in Room 239, starting January 14th.
- Sunday evenings at Martin City Brewery on January 28th, February 4th and February 11th. Conversation starts at 5:30.
- Childcare available at RBUMC during all scheduled meetings
- RSVP required to get materials (please!) - email email@example.com
To participate in this small group we are asking for you to RSVP. Those RSVPs will ensure that you are up-to-date regarding our meeting schedule, and will ensure that I have resources for everyone in attendance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or for more information.
THIS WEEK'S SCRIPTURE: JOHN 5
John 5:1-15 will provide the framework for our first love language - words of affirmation. I hope that you will join us as we discover how our love languages can help us connect with God on a deeper level.
See you in church!